Recent Articles from Dan Heilman
It’s one thing to have a panel discussion about eliminating bias in the criminal justice system; it’s another to have it populated by current and former prosecutors.
The figures aren’t pretty. Sixty percent of incarcerated Americans are people of color.
A federal complex litigation case required the brainpower of three attorneys from Carlson Caspers Vandenburgh & Lindquist. The three proved to be a winning com-bination.
Jennifer Thompson’s work as a construction lawyer at TLO Law keeps her busy enough. But her one year tenure as president of the Minnesota State Bar Association, which ended last summer, presented new challenges and rewards.
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Justices remand Duluth dispute
- Legal education for incarcerated students expands
- Hamline prof dismissed over Muhammad image can proceed with lawsuit
- Supreme Court backs woman’s false-reporting conviction
- Pot smell not enough for search
- Cash bail disproportionately impacts people of color
- Wisconsin court candidates often speak out on hot topics