Republicans renewed their call for the state to begin transitioning to the federal healthcare.gov system.
Gov. Mark Dayton approved the measure as part of a reworked jobs bill that emerged in the special session.
Despite rising interest from property owners and data showing significant long-term savings, risk-averse banks are slow to buy in.
Insurers' increases fuel the debates over MNsure's sustainability.
Gov. Mark Dayton vetoed two more contentious budget bills, rejecting one bill on jobs and economic development and another on environment and agriculture.
An undetermined timetable to map out a MNvest oversight plan threatens a lag that could carry significant costs.
Broadband projects are out, tourism is in as the omnibus bill takes shape in the House.
Republicans pitched targeted tax and regulatory relief for business owners as their top priority; other agenda items include major reforms to the state education system, transportation, elder care and insurance.
Minnesota has apparently found a way to release details about what products will be sold on the state-run insurance marketplace -- MNsure -- when it opens for business on October 1.
The Commerce Department's Unclaimed Property Unit is among the areas that the Office of the Legislative Auditor is expected to scrutinize in the upcoming year. Altogether the Legislative Audit Commission's evaluation subcommittee picked 9 topics that deserve attention from the state agency.
Business interests still hoping some of their legislative priorities will be addressed in waning days of session.
The lion's share of the state Department of Commerce is getting a makeover. Commissioner Mike Rothman says key parts of the agency's portfolio like consumer protection and insurance regulation are being overhauled.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases