The Minnesota Court of Appeals ruled a trucker didn’t violate state law by glancing at a spam alert.
Minnesota lawyers were instrumental in achieving the historic $6 billion settlement announced by 3M.
Litigation financing has come to Minnesota, along with generous, some would say unconscionable, “repayment rates,” the term used instead of interest.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett told attendees at a judicial conference that she welcomed public scrutiny of the court. But she stopped short of commenting on whether she thinks the court should change how it operates in the face of recent criticism.
Three experts in legal ethics discuss what lawyers can say about judges.
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of appeals recently upheld attorney sanctions that were imposed by the federal district court.
The settlement, consisting of $5 billion in cash and $1 billion in 3M stock, will be made in payments that will run through 2029.
Attorneys see the newly proposed rule to implement the federal Pregnant Workers Fairness Act as painting the employee’s right to a reasonable accommodation with a broad brush while maintaining a firm standard for the employer’s burden of showing that a particular request would constitute an undue hardship.
What constitutes a waiver of counsel — and what does not — was addressed by the Court of Appeals in the release of State v. Gant.
A contract attorney of Asian descent sued her former employer and co-workers for allegedly targeting her with slurs and other tortious conduct.
The U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota has dismissed a lawsuit brought by four plaintiffs who were sexually abused by Roman Catholic priests when they were children.
The Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility has withdrawn its petition to disbar Warren attorney Anders Odegaard, who is charged with killing his former wife.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts