Recent Articles from Brian Johnson
The lawsuit accuses the city of failing to take serious action against code violations on the North Side despite tenants’ many complaints of shattered windows, mold, leaky pipes and other grim conditions in rental homes.
For the second time in two years, a Roseville-based homebuilder advocacy group is suing the city of Dayton over development fees — and this time the group is taking legal action against the city of Corcoran, as well.
Jim Walston, a partner with the Ballard Spahr law firm in Minneapolis, talks about how commercial landlords and tenants are dealing with challenges related to the pandemic, civil unrest and more.
Dyan Ebert talks about her duties as MSBA president, the challenge of attracting and retaining lawyers in Greater Minnesota, and making sure the justice system is fair for everybody.
Advocates for Minnesota cities are asking state lawmakers to weigh in on an issue that has long pitted builders and developers against local communities.
Minnesota homebuilders are praising a court decision that slaps down a city of Dayton ordinance requiring homebuilders to help pay an “off-site” transportation fee.
DLI chief: State takes wage theft rules ‘very seriously.’
Under pressure to reduce costs, general contractors, developers and owners are tempted to look the other way.
Construction leads all industries in workplace deaths in the U.S., and Latino workers are especially at risk.
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Joint-employer rule set to roil workplace — once again
- 8th Circuit rules private plaintiffs can’t sue under Voting Rights Act
- Commentary: Right-to-repair fight centers on data transmitted by newer cars
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer