Conservative lawmakers are ready to fight tooth-and-nail about the terms of new energy rules forced upon the state by President Barack Obama and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). That is, they’ll fight those new rules, once they or anyone else knows what they actually are. That was the major revelation at Thursday afternoon’s Legislative Energy ...
In the flurry of activity that closed out the 2013 legislative session, a sales tax on farm machinery repairs became part of the omnibus tax bill ultimately signed into law. Now that the tax is on the books and farmers are facing levies on the labor costs of having their tractors and milking parlors fixed, it’s no surprise that the 11th-hour development at the Capitol is one of the hot topics at[...]
The proposal failed on a 76-56 vote on Friday, with only three Republican legislators -- Reps. Tama Theis, Chris Swedzinski and Mark Uglem -- voting yes. Bonding bills need a supermajority to pass, meaning Democrats would have needed to attract eight Republican votes to reach the 81 required.
Suss officially filed his bid with the Minnesota Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board in House District 21A, a seat that's currently held by freshman Republican Rep. Chris Swedzinski.
Ted Suss, who served in the state House in the 1970s, plans to retire as superintendent of the Wabasso public schools and run for the Legislature in 2012.
Many Republican frosh have records of local civic service HD 15B: King Banaian King Banaian was surrounded by politics growing up in New Hampshire. The state is inundated with presidential hopefuls every four years, and Banaian was recruited at 15 to put flyers on doors for the George McGovern campaign.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases