As the two parties narrow their sights in determining which areas need most attention this year, Eagan will inevitably figure into either side’s electoral playbook
During her time in the Legislature, Anderson was known as an expert in renewable energy and authored seven major successful bills on the topic.
"If anybody knows me, I’ve never been the type to sit back and be quiet," Kuisle said.
No action expected until 2015 legislative session.
The law enforcement lobby has been a powerful force in blocking proposed medical marijuana legislation this session, highlighting the clout of police and prosecutors in shaping public policy.
But over the last several election cycles Republicans have proved quite efficient at narrowing the field during the final months of the invisible primary.
The issue of voting registration apparently did not arise during the debate over the legislation's passage more than a dozen years ago.
Paulsen has recently endured pressure over his moderate stance on the shutdown, though that pressure came from right-leaning Republicans.
Republican legislators and conservative groups filed a lawsuit this week aimed at suspending an online voter registration program that they claim was improperly implemented by Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, a DFLer, without legislative approval.
The audit is the latest evidence of problems with the state's internal tracking system.
State lawmakers and transportation advocates have their summer homework cut out for them in crafting a politically feasible way to begin addressing a projected $20 billion shortfall in the state’s transportation funding over the next two decades.
Now a DFLer, will Ron Erhardt also annoy his new party?
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases