The state Republican party will stand behind state Supreme Court candidate Michelle MacDonald despite legal troubles stemming from an intoxicated driving allegation.
By a 14 - 7 margin, the Senate Finance Committee on Monday voted to send medical marijuana legislation to the Senate, where the controversial and suddenly fast-moving measure is now set to go to a floor vote on Tuesday.
Approval of the building is currently pending in the House Rules Committee.
The party began this year with just $90,000 in the bank, and total liabilities in the amount of $1.17 million.
Marty Seifert said activists are judging candidates on their electability in a statewide race.
After Minneapolis activist Doug Mann’s court challenge to the new Vikings stadium forced yet another postponement of a critical bond sale, state officials, project boosters and more than a few bellicose Vikings fans wasted no time in deriding Mann as a frivolous publicity hound.
Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said the extra $26 million was meant to "ensure several features that are so important to all users of the stadium."
In a statement issued to Politics in Minnesota on Thursday afternoon, Fairview argued that it still felt that it qualified for the exemption.
Mills, the only declared GOP candidate in that race so far, was endorsed by a number of prominent Republicans who represent parts of the 8th District.
At Tuesday's gathering of the MNsure Oversight Committee, Rep. Joe Atkins, DFL-Inver Grove Heights, had a simple question for health exchange officials: "Is it ready?
The trio of perceived shortcomings within MNsure cropped up in rapid succession, with each matter coming to light in a matter of days last week.
Following the 2012 elections, it was unclear how much momentum was left in the Tea Party movement, both nationally and in Minnesota. Political analysts blamed the conservative faction for several embarrassing Republican losses in high-profile campaigns, while overall public opinion seemed to have soured on the concept.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts