Douglas County election officials noticed a big error when they met last week to go over canvasing results ahead of the recount between Rep. Mary Franson and Democrat Bob Cunniff. Some voters -- 35 in all -- were handed the wrong ballot at a Alexandria polling place that split two precincts.
On Wednesday one of the GOP attorneys on the recount, Tony Trimble, told PIM that then-RPM Chairman Sutton signed an agreement legally obliging the party to cover the full cost of the recount legal fees, reportedly around $450,000. And late Wednesday afternoon, Sutton confirmed the existence of an agreement that he says he does not recall disclosing to other party officials. But Sutton went on to [...]
The recount team for former Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton expressed confidence at a news conference Friday that the DFL gubernatorial candidate would hold a substantial lead over GOP nominee Tom Emmer after the canvasing process and a hand recount.
Former Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton, who is facing a likely recount in the Minnesota governor's race against GOP nominee Tom Emmer, aligned finance officials of the last four governors on Wednesday to talk about the $6 billion budget deficit and long term fiscal problems in the state.
Emmer said Tuesday he hopes for a "fair, open and honest process." He added: "You gotta let the process play itself out."
There’s a new wrinkle in the razor-thin legislative race between incumbent Republican Rep. Mary Franson and Democrat Bob Cunniff, in which Franson won by a single vote. Douglas County election officials noticed a big error when they met last week to go over canvasing results ahead of the recount, which is required by state law ...
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Joint-employer rule set to roil workplace — once again
- 8th Circuit rules private plaintiffs can’t sue under Voting Rights Act
- Commentary: Right-to-repair fight centers on data transmitted by newer cars
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer