A fresh perspective on recent news events from Pat Garofalo, Don Ness, Sarah Janecek and Scott Dibble.
Insights on recent news events from Ryan Winkler, Pat Garofalo, Don Ness and Amy Koch.
Duluth’s “boy mayor” is leaving the job he has seemed born to, with a successor to be elected Tuesday.
The package carried by committee chair Ann Lenczewski includes a move to full federal income tax conformity.
Duluth DFLers will gather Saturday to endorse a write-in candidate to replace Gauthier after sex scandal
DFLers plan to endorse a new candidate in Duluth’s House District 7B on Saturday in the wake of a sex scandal that led incumbent DFL Rep. Kerry Gauthier to suspend his bid for reelection.
Gov. Mark Dayton said its unclear exactly when the special session will be held. He plans to send a request to President Barack Obama today for a disaster declaration, which will allow local governments to apply for federal aid for clean up and rebuilding.
Next month DFL activists will gather in Duluth to endorse a candidate in the 8th Congressional District. The outcome is in little doubt: Former Congressman Rick Nolan is widely expected to walk away with party backing.
In 2010, Chip Cravaack pulled off one of the most stunning political upsets in the country by defeating U.S. Rep. Jim Oberstar. The 18-term DFL incumbent chaired the powerful Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure and had never won re-election by less than 29 percentage points.
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Joint-employer rule set to roil workplace — once again
- 8th Circuit rules private plaintiffs can’t sue under Voting Rights Act
- Commentary: Right-to-repair fight centers on data transmitted by newer cars
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer