Nominate a deserving woman today!
The Minnesota Lawyer Top Women in Law awards honor industry-leading attorneys for their outstanding contributions and dedication to the legal profession, their communities, and society at large.
Nominations are due by Thursday, August 10, 2023. Due to our many project deadlines, there will not be an extension to this deadline. Nominations will be reviewed by the selection committee with honorees being notified in late August. Honorees will be celebrated at a gala event on Thursday, October 26 at Quincy Hall in NE Minneapolis. They will also be featured in a special publication in Minnesota Lawyer on Monday October 30, 2023.
To Be eligible, nominees must work in the state of Minnesota. This is not a Metro-only award.
Things to consider when nominating.
- Be specific with details about the person’s career achievements and community involvement. Please include dates, board memberships and any available data. Assume we know nothing about your nominee.
- Don’t simply offer your recommendation. “Jane, is definitely a Top Women in Law.” Back it up with data. We receive a high volume of nominations so please provide the committee with solid reasons to say yes.
- Don’t say she “participated in” but rather she is “leading”, she is “driving results”, “responsible for”. They know what these terms mean.
- Don’t wait until the last minute. If you believe in this person, get the nomination early so you are not at risk of missing the cut-off.
- If you know of multiple people that want to nominate the same person, include their names and contact information in a single form as references.
And lastly, if you have any questions, please reach out to our event manager, Jill Wicht, at [email protected]. Thank you for your commitment to recognizing the Top Women in Law.