With oft-controversial 6th District U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann out of the picture for the 2014 election cycle, national Democratic groups are looking for their next GOP bogeyman in Minnesota.
Flanked by a half dozen supporters at the State Office Building, former Eagan state Rep. Mike Obermueller made his campaign against Congressman John Kline official this week. “John Kline hasn’t changed Washington nearly as much as Washington has changed John Kline,” Obermueller told supporters on Monday.
Former state Rep. Shelley Madore will challenge Republican U.S. Rep. John Kline for Minnesota's Second Congressional District in November.
Jim Meffert earned the DFL endorsement on Saturday to take on U.S. Rep. Erik Paulsen in the Third Congressional District. It took six ballots for the chief executive of the Minnesota Optometric Association to triumph over Maureen Hackett in the endorsement battle.
Two Democrats -- one a former state representative who became the first DFLer to win her legislative seat in 30 years, and another who describes himself as a "Main Street Democrat" -- will seek their party's endorsement Saturday to try to unseat incumbent U.S. Rep. John Kline, R-Minn.
Republicans are sensing blood in the water of more than a dozen state House and Senate districts, and they’re circling.
U.S. Rep. John Kline has drawn a challenger for the Republican nomination. The Faribault Daily News reports that Mahamoud Wardere intends to run against the four-term incumbent in the 2nd Congressional District.
More than $2 million was raised by candidates in the 6th Congressional District in 2009. That makes it easily the most expensive U.S. House contest in Minnesota so far this election cycle.
The blogosphere is buzzing about a bid by former DFL Rep. Madore for Congress. Her old district, the once solidly Republican District 37A, will also be closely watched in 2010.
But mounting a competitive race remains a long shot With oft-controversial 6th District U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann out of the picture for the 2014 election cycle, national Democratic groups are looking for their next GOP bogeyman in Minnesota. Hungry to take back Congress and encouraged by friendlier demographics following redistricting, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and ...
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases