The Minnesota Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board has determined that omissions from Sen. Karin Housley's pre-general election report in 2012 were inadvertent. The Senate DFL Caucus had submitted a complaint about a truck used for advertising and a fundraiser aboard a yacht that weren't initially disclosed.
Sen. Ray Vandeveer, R-Forest Lake, surprised Minnesota legislative campaign watchers by announcing he’s withdrawing his re-election bid. The news, which was broke by Minnesota Public Radio, came on the last day of the candidate filing period.
- Target faces ‘non-drowsy’ meds suit
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases