A Minnesota Management and Budget report released this week showed the state collected 2.7 percent more in revenue that originally anticipated during the 2013 fiscal year, bringing total collections for the year up to nearly $18 billion. Revenues in the months of April through June ticked up $318 higher than budget officials initially predicted.
The Senate omnibus E-12 education budget released on Thursday calls for a total of $15.6 million in spending on K-12 education for the next two years, or a nearly $500 million increase in projected spending for the 2014-2015 biennium.
Members of the GOP legislative majorities came into the 2012 session carrying some unflattering baggage ahead of the fall election. Last year they agreed to a budget deal that shifted an additional $750 million of K-12 school aid into the future.
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Court upholds sex-with-minor report submitted by man’s therapist
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Justices remand Duluth dispute
- Legal education for incarcerated students expands
- Hamline prof dismissed over Muhammad image can proceed with lawsuit
- Supreme Court backs woman’s false-reporting conviction
- Pot smell not enough for search