After saying that “prohibition has failed,” Moran declared, “So I say let’s legalize marijuana.”
With most major finance bills clearing the House and Senate floors, attention will now turn towards conference committees this week. Conferees on several bills have already been appointed by legislative leaders.
The House voted after only brief discussion on SF 958, the public safety and judiciary bill, and SF 887, the Jobs bill. Both passed the body on a vote of 71-61.
The 2010 census figures contain some foreboding figures for DFLers looking to regain majorities in the state House and Senate. Of the 21 most populous House districts in the state, all are currently represented by Republicans.
State Rep. Rena Moran, DFL-St. Paul, paid tribute to Vang Pao on the House floor today. The revered Hmong military leader died earlier this month at the age of 81.
New faces fill seats previously held by Kelliher, Prettner Solon, Moua
Following Thao's retirement, district voters will send a new representative to the Legislature in November, and by all accounts that will be the DFL-backed candidate, Rena Moran.
Chaudhary's primary loss made him the body's fifth departing chair
Mark Dayton rode a dominating performance in greater Minnesota to a narrow victory in Tuesday's DFL gubernatorial primary, edging party endorsee Margaret Anderson Kelliher by just over 6,500 votes out of over 440,000 cast. One-time House Minority Leader Matt Entenza, who spent over $5 million on his primary campaign, garnered just over 80,000 votes.
Rena Moran and Jeremiah Ellis are in a tough DFL primary battle to represent House District 65A. Whoever wins the contest will almost certainly become the first African American to represent St. Paul at the Legislatur
With primary voting less than 72 hours away, House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher was out on the campaign trail Saturday attempting to motivate the DFL faithful. She attended a rally at the offices of TakeAction Minnesota with state legislative candidates Rena Moran and Vang Lor.
No matter who wins the DFL primary contest in House District 65A, history will almost certainly be made. The victor – either Jeremiah Ellis or Rena Moran — will stand poised to become the first African American ever to represent St. Paul in the Legislature.
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Joint-employer rule set to roil workplace — once again
- 8th Circuit rules private plaintiffs can’t sue under Voting Rights Act
- Commentary: Right-to-repair fight centers on data transmitted by newer cars
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer