Annette Meeks and Tom Emmer put pen to paper in the Secretary of State's office Tuesday morning. The gubernatorial running mates participated in a GOP mass filing for office before a press conference-cum-rally emphasizing Republican unity.
Take a look at a couple photos from the run-up to tonight's special session.
Reps. Bernie Lieder (DFL-Crookston) and Jeremy Kalin (DFL-North Branch) chat before the House is gaveled to order Thursday. It's the last week in the House for retiring two-termer Kalin.
Sen. Kathy Sheran (DFL-Mankato) signs the Health and Human Services bill after a press conference Wednesday.
DFL Leadership—Sens. Larry Pogemiller (Minneapolis) and Tarryl Clark (St. Cloud) and Reps. Margaret Anderson Kelliher (Minneapolis) and Tony Sertich (Chisholm)—descend to the governor's office for a meeting.
Senate Minority Leader David Senjem (R-Rochester) gathers his thoughts while the tax committee considers the DFL's budget proposal.
Rep. Loren Solberg (DFL-Grand Rapids) sits at the testifiers' table with Vikings' lobbyist Lester Bagley and Vikings' CFO Steve Poppen.
"This is my replacement!" Rep. Cy Thao introduces Jeremiah Ellis to Rep. Mary Murphy.
Rep. Tony Cornish (R-Good Thunder) and Sen. Sandy Pappas (DFL-St. Paul) look over the specs of state regulations on tinted car windows before a meeting of conference committee on HF2914 / SF2370.
Rep. Terry Morrow (DFL-St. Peter) considers testimony from Dennis Benson, executive director of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program.
There was legislative action this week, but also a focus on campaigns as the state conventions near. Check out our photos from the week.
This colossal banner is one of the biggest we've ever seen at the Capitol! A small group of citizens made a great noise in the Rotunda on Thursday; the sign says it all.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases