Public safety/judiciary omnibus survives five DFL defections to pass.
Data practices panel weighs conflicting options
A burglar used state data to get owners' home addresses from license plate records.
Body cams will top the marquee next session among issues having both data privacy and public safety implications.
Jim Abeler has decided he might miss legislative service more than he’d thought.
Holberg is confident the commission's work will have an impact on state data policies.
Rep. Mary Liz Holberg, R-Lakeville, got accolades from both sides of the aisle as the House of Representatives took up the outgoing lawmaker’s parting gift to her colleagues: the opportunity to immerse themselves in maddeningly complex privacy-related policy issues that have largely defined her 16-year tenure at the Capitol.
Dayton said the existing "operational problems" worry him, and are the kind of hitches that should have been worked out some time ago.
Scott said the fact that Smith holds both positions is "troubling and a massive ethical concern for the state."
The trio of perceived shortcomings within MNsure cropped up in rapid succession, with each matter coming to light in a matter of days last week.
When the State Fair opens on Thursday, the usual diversions will undoubtedly be foremost on visitors’ minds. But the more than one million people expected to attend the annual gathering will also be targeted with marketing efforts surrounding the looming rollout of the state’s new health insurance marketplace, known as MNsure.
Anoka County Commissioner Rhonda Sivarajah has joined the field of GOP contenders seeking to replace U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann in the 6th Congressional District. Sivarajah announced her plan to seek the seat at an event in Ham Lake on Wednesday morning.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases