The summit will include water quality experts, farmers, legislators, regulators, the business community, members of the public, local leaders and others.
Legislators and the governor are trying to keep pace with the expanding avian flu crisis affecting turkey farmers.
After their swing-district victories, House Republican will push farm issues like streamlining permits and regulations.
The Senate Taxes Committee passed its second tax-relief package of the 2014 session, but the bill differs significantly from a House counterpart that passed last week.
House Taxes Committee moves bill to aid renters, homeowners and farmers.
Arduous seven-year trek brings interest groups together.
The redrawn Senate District 17, which includes the Willmar area in west-central Minnesota, looks substantially different from its previous incarnation.
The boards of advocacy associations from a variety of policy areas have issued their priority wish lists in time for the start of the 2012 legislative session. Many of the issues of significance for groups ranging from business to labor are rooted in last year’s session.
As more farmers, businesses and homeowners look to put up wind turbines and solar panels to generate power, utilities like rural electric cooperatives are pushing back against a state law that they say puts them at a disadvantage.
The Minnesota Farm Bureau is backing Republican candidates running against incumbent Reps. Kim Norton and Tina Liebling, both of whom are Rochester DFLers. The Minnesota Farmers Union, which is known for being more DFL friendly than the Farm Bureau, also has reservations about Liebling and Norton.
State lawmakers and agriculture lobbyists are debating how to deal with the escalating property tax bills that are hitting Minnesota farms. And the differences of opinion reach all the way down to House and Senate DFL committee chairs.
Gubernatorial candidates Margaret Anderson Kelliher and Marty Seifert won the Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU) Political Action Committee straw polls.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases