Voters in 31 states have considered whether to prohibit same-sex marriage either through statute or constitutional amendment. In every single instance, voters backed initiatives to reserve the right to marry strictly to a man and a woman.
The Independence Party's joining of Minnesotans United for All Families is the latest sign the group will comprise a broad swath politically active groups.
- Court upholds sex-with-minor report submitted by man’s therapist
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Justices remand Duluth dispute
- Legal education for incarcerated students expands
- Hamline prof dismissed over Muhammad image can proceed with lawsuit
- Supreme Court backs woman’s false-reporting conviction
- Pot smell not enough for search
- Cash bail disproportionately impacts people of color