Though focused on his federal campaign, Abeler said he was "not disinterested" in coming back to the Capitol, where he serves as Republican lead on the House Health and Human Services Finance Committee.
This will be a second attempt at winning over the strongly conservative district for Krinkie, who ran for the GOP endorsement in 2006.
Tom Emmer tapped into a network of conservative donors that aligned behind his 2010 gubernatorial campaign to give himself a commanding lead.
The Delano-based Republican's total came thanks to more than 300 individual donors, according to the statement .
The court’s ruling means gay couples in Minnesota -- which will be able to be legally married starting Aug. 1 thanks to a law passed in the Legislature this year -- will now also have the federal benefits of a married couple.
Sartell Mayor Joe Perske hasn't decided if he will seek the DFL nomination in the 6th Congressional District. But he certainly sounds like a candidate for the post.
Michael Snow, a Minneapolis attorney and investor, gave $1.16 million to federal political candidates and causes last year.
When Republican members of the Legislature return to St. Paul next year and compare notes on what they did during the interim, a growing number will say they launched campaigns for Congress.
A couple of Republicans in recent days have jumped into 2014 Minnesota congressional races. New entrants got into the 1st and 6th Congressional District contests.
Anoka County Commissioner Rhonda Sivarajah has joined the field of GOP contenders seeking to replace U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann in the 6th Congressional District. Sivarajah announced her plan to seek the seat at an event in Ham Lake on Wednesday morning.
**UPDATED** Less than a week after U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann's surprise announcement that she will not seek re-election, the field for the GOP nomination in the 6th Congressional District is beginning to emerge.
In mid-May, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann’s campaign bought roughly $80,000 worth of television advertising in the Twin Cities market. But just two weeks later, Bachmann stunned seemingly everyone by announcing on Wednesday that she would not be running for re-election.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts