Fresh perspectives on recent news events from Greg Davids, Annette Meeks, Javier Morillo and Robyne Robinson.
Congressman Tom Emmer has chosen to become a legislator, not an activist.
Veteran Rep. Phyllis Kahn's campaign alleged that fraudulent voting by supporters of her opponent, Mohamud Noor, was rampant on Friday, the day early voting began in Minnesota.
The question is whether any politician wants to undergo the ordeal in exchange for publicity and vague hopes of nudging the party in a slightly different direction.
Former House Minority Leader Matt Entenza made a last minute filing on Tuesday to run for state auditor against fellow DFLer Rebecca Otto.
Editor’s note: Welcome back to Capitol Retort, our weekly review of issues in state and national news, with a rotating cast of local characters. Answers have been edited for length and clarity but not unity. Any instances of agreement are accidental. Question 1: Michele Bachmann has joined an advisory group to the Trump campaign. What ...
Seifert, who joined the gubernatorial contest in late November, nabbed 28 percent of the precinct vote to lead all comers.
In Minnesota political circles, Phil Krinkie is best known as one of the state’s most prominent fiscal conservatives. But his day job for more than 30 years was in the customer service business. Krinkie said he plans to bring that customer-service mindset to his campaign in the 6th Congressional District, referring repeatedly to himself as ready to be “hired” to represent the district’s co[...]
John Pederson is depending on geography to give him an edge in the competitive Republican field to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann. Pederson hails from St. Cloud, and he says that gives him an edge.
The modern Congress is often faulted for its inability to actually accomplish much. Even still, the members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives are as good as ever in at least on area: Raising money toward their own re-election. In keeping with that trend, third-quarter Federal Elections Commission (FEC) reports find Minnesota’s delegation is pretty good at collecting checks, with at[...]
Emmer raised less during the last three months than he did during his opening month of June, but is well ahead of Sen. John Pederson, R-St. Cloud.
**UPDATED** Former state Rep. Tom Emmer, who is seeking the GOP nomination in the 6th Congressional District, has filmed an advertisement for Integrity Exteriors and Remodelers. In the ad, Emmer touts his congressional candidacy and endorses the construction firm.
- LGBTQ+ group sues over Iowa book, discussion bans
- Justices uphold business tax bill
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer