The Metropolitan Council will seek input on four different design concepts for the 17 new stations along the Southwest Light Rail transit line from Minneapolis to Eden Prairie.
A massive redevelopment of the ten-acre site on Snelling Avenue owned by the Metropolitan Council is not feasible.
The eight locations were prioritized based on the Metropolitan Council’s transit-oriented development goals, market readiness and locations where local planning exists to support development.
A proactive approach is the best way for developers and contractors to prevent unforeseen complications from derailing construction schedules.
The Federal Transit Administration wants more details about the Gateway Corridor bus rapid transit plan, which will delay the project and increase the price tag.
An overview by Metro Transit found that there are about 18,265 park-and-ride users in a system with about 32,000 spaces, or a 56 percent usage rate.
A group of residents concerned about environmental impacts in the Kenilworth Corridor between Cedar Lake and Lake of the Isles, filed suit in September against the Met Council and the Federal Transit Administration.
The transit challenge – hosted by a coalition of groups that support transit investment – encourages state lawmakers to experience what transit users experience every day.
A Republican-backed bill would rescind the governor’s power to unilaterally change salaries for commissioners and takes back pay the additional pay from the new salary increases.
Officials from the Robert Street corridor recently concluded a study of bus rapid transit and streetcar options without selecting a preferred route and mode.
The Metropolitan Council is on its way to creating a regional policy that could aid the development of more than a dozen lines under consideration in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
The initially partisan battle over Gov. Mark Dayton’s proposal to give raises to his state commissioners morphed into an intra-party struggle that leaves Dayton at odds with his fellow Democrats.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts