The board agreed it was better to enact its own sales tax to be used within the county’s borders rather than contribute more to a metro-wide sales tax pool for transit projects.
The university identified 100 labs and more than 330 pieces of equipment that could be affected by light rail.
With new environmental analysis driving the costs up, Counties Transit Improvement Board members made it clear its $496 million contribution is not expected to rise.
St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman touts the $63 million ballpark as a showpiece example of St. Paul’s economic vitality.
It takes much more than a bus or rail stop to make a project work.
The new $2 billion price tag prompts a reassessment of the proposed light rail line to the southwest suburbs.
The new cost estimate is a result of more detailed engineering and environmental tests, as well as a delayed environmental review which pushes the anticipated project completion date from 2019 to 2020.
The Metropolitan Council left discussion of a deal for the pedestrian bridge linking the Vikings stadium and the Downtown East light rail stop off its meeting agenda.
The deal calls for the Met Council to pay the entire cost to build and maintain the bridge, which would pass over the light rail tracks at Fourth Street and Chicago Avenue.
House Republicans are moving to cut the Metropolitan Council Chairman Adam Duininck's salary in half, in a jab at Gov. Mark Dayton over a pay increase they believe went beyond the terms of a deal on commissioner salaries.
More than 30 residences could be affected by a plan to widen West Broadway to allow a center-running light rail line and multipurpose trail.
The new planning guide will outline best practices and case studies to help cities update their local comprehensive plans to include transit-oriented development.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts