The St. Paul Port Authority, which owns the building, hopes to nail down a $720,750 grant from the Metropolitan Council.
Altogether, the funding will clean 22 acres and support a $2.8 million annual increase in net tax capacity.
A pitch from Eden Prairie to end the future Southwest Light Rail Transit line at the Southwest Station is gaining support from other stakeholders.
Funding group tracks progress on affordable housing, economy and open space.
Cost increases in the Southwest LRT project may have swayed lawmakers.
Southwest Light Rail Transit engineers outlined four scenarios for reducing the project budget.
Many solutions for reducing the budget, including shortening the line in Eden Prairie and cutting stations and park-and-rides, would reduce the amount of developable land along the line.
Met Council considers building just the footings for the $6 million structure at the Downtown East light ral platform.
The complaint alleges the Met Council’s policies have concentrated low-income families and racial minorities in a handful of neighborhoods.
A new selection process that favors affordable housing affected Anoka County, which received the lowest amount of funding this year.
The Southwest Project Office unveiled a list of potential reductions at a meeting with stakeholders.
Removing stations and track at the “west end of the line” could shave more than $100 million.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases