1.) The state health insurance exchange has about one month to present a 2015 budget to the Legislature, but probably won’t know its full financial picture until several weeks past that point. Lawmakers, especially Republicans, peppered interim MNsure CEO Scott Leitz and board chair Brian Beutner with questions about the exchange’s budget scenario during a ...
The statewide straw poll contest gave the most enthusiastic party members just their second opportunity to voice an opinion in either contest.
Seifert, who joined the gubernatorial contest in late November, nabbed 28 percent of the precinct vote to lead all comers.
In a statement that accompanied the announcement, Dayton described Smith as "the best administrator with whom I have ever worked."
DFL Party chair Ken Martin said the current financial state puts the party in one of its strongest positions ever.
The total collection gives him a significant advantage over the Republican field.
Marty Seifert said activists are judging candidates on their electability in a statewide race.
Candidate fundraising disclosures in the gubernatorial race are not due until the end of this month, but some entrants just couldn’t wait to tell the public how much they received. Three Republican candidates have released their totals so far, and Gov. Mark Dayton has preemptively hinted at his own total, giving some indication of the shape of the race at the onset of the election year.
Honour pointed out that he had collected that total despite his status as a "political outsider."
The committee did approve proposals that would nearly double the amount dedicated to security resources for the Capitol Area Complex.
The decision to import steel has been the subject of criticism, not least from former legislator and Iron Range DFL stalwart Tom Rukavina.
For his encore, Marty Seifert doesn’t want to talk as much about politics. The former Republican House minority leader launched his second bid for the governor’s office on Thursday, more than three years after activists denied him endorsement in the 2010 race. At kickoff events, he highlighted his work with the Avera Marshall Foundation and selling real estate in the years since that failed ca[...]
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases