Gov. Mark Dayton named his human services commissioner to a spot on the Minnesota Court of Appeals on Friday, leaving a vacancy at the top of the state’s largest agency.
The economic forecast produced by the Department of Minnesota Management and Budget details state government finances while estimating the amount of money lawmakers will have at their disposal in the Legislature’s election-year session.
The demographic transformation of Minnesota’s judiciary during the Dayton administration is striking.
The summit will include water quality experts, farmers, legislators, regulators, the business community, members of the public, local leaders and others.
The two-term Democrat lashed out at calls by roughly half of the nation’s governors to halt migration of Syrian refugees to the United States.
Gov. Mark Dayton asked the federal government for more time to comply with new standards for driver's licenses on Friday, aiming to ensure Minnesota residents aren't turned away when stronger requirements are imposed for domestic flights.
Bruce Dayton, the father of Minnesota’s governor and a key figure in building his family’s company into the retailing business that became Target Corp., has died. Dayton was 97.
Too many of them apparently follow frameworks that shortchange minority- and women-owned businesses.
U.S. District Judge Donvan Frank laid out a series of remedial fixes aimed at giving civilly committed sex offenders a chance at life outside the concertina wire of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program.
Gov. Mark Dayton has appointed Lucinda E. Jesson, the commissioner of the Department of Human Services, and Tracy M. Smith, the deputy general counsel for the University of Minnesota, to the Minnesota Court of Appeals. Jesson fills the vacancy created after Dayton named Appeals Court Judge Natalie Hudson to the Supreme Court. Smith will replace ...
Former State Rep. Sandra Peterson, who helped guide the merger of Minnesota’s two largest teachers unions, has died. She was 79.
State oversight panel focuses on rising costs
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases