Clark Sieben said Indianapolis saw $324 million worth of economic activity owing to it 2012 hosting gig.
Davis said the business community is firmly behind the bid to win hosting rights for the national television event, which he called "a chance to put us on the world stage."
With a quick swipe of his pen, Gov. Mark Dayton made Minnesota the 12th state in the nation to allow same-sex marriages as a crowd of more than a thousand watched on the front steps of the Capitol Tuesday.
Minnesota will witness a multimillion-dollar referendum on the issue of gay marriage in 2012. Opponents of a proposed constitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman raised $1.2 million in cash contributions in 2011.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases