Irene Kao's parents owned a Fergus Falls Chinese restaurant for 23 years
Observers and participants are predicting a full DFL field in the effort to find Dill’s successor.
The biggest single players in the local-to-state relationship are the various coalitions and interest groups that pool resources from dues-paying members.
Gov. Mark Dayton wants to focus state dollars to cities on street, highway and transit needs.
For cities and other public entities, the process for getting the sales tax exemption on construction material is so cumbersome that many decline to pursue it.
Rep. Ron Kresha, R-Little Falls, carries legislation he said will "alleviate the barriers" for growing Minnesota companies.
Incoming House property tax committee chairman, Republican Steve Drazkowski, is one of the most outspoken conservatives in the lower chamber.
A new state law addresses a recent Minnesota Supreme Court decision that speaks to the public’s right to know certain details about public construction projects.
A final framework deal is in place for the second major tax-cut bill this session, signaling a resolution to one of the key end-of-session bills of 2014.
Legislators have rejected a plan to let cities use TIF districts to address Greater Minnesota housing shortages.
The proposal includes more than $436 million for projects at the University of Minnesota and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities campuses.
Last session, after the Legislature exempted city and county government from paying the state’s general sales tax on most purchases, the move was heralded as a long-overdue triumph of common sense. After all, what is the logic in the government taxing the government?
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts