St. Paul Police Chief John Harrington filed today to run for the state Senate seat being vacated by Mee Moua. He is the fifth DFL candidate to officially join the race to represent St. Paul's East Side.
Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan was among a group of ten law-enforcement officials who met with Attorney General Eric Holder yesterday to express concerns about Arizona's controversial crackdown on illegal immigration. The police chiefs warned Holder that the law would inhibit immigrants from coming forward with important information needed by cops to solve crimes.
Soon-to-be St. Paul Police Chief Tom Smith’s first task: fixing frayed relations between department, cops
Incoming St. Paul Police Chief Tom Smith knows his biggest immediate challenge will be to repair the tattered relationship between the department’s leadership and rank-and-file cops.
The chiefs of the two largest police departments in the state are opposed to legislation modeled on Arizona's controversial immigration-enforcement law. Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan and St. Paul Police Chief John Harrington issued a joint statement today urging lawmakers to oppose the measure. Thomas Smith, who will become St. Paul's top cop next month, also signed off on the statement.
Sen. Mee Moua has dropped her proposal to prohibit law enforcement agencies from maintaining electronic databases of gang members. The proposed ban -- designed to protect privacy and civil liberties -- had drawn pointed criticism from some law enforcement officials.
John Harrington knows the last thing he will say to his successor as St. Paul police chief when he hands over his office keys on June 30. “Take good care of my kids.”
Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson has been named one of America's top 10 lawyers for 2009 by Lawyers USA, a Dolan Media company.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases