While excavating sand is nothing new in Minnesota, the rush to excavate large quantities to ship to the Dakotas has quickly unearthed a prominent issue for state legislators and regulators.
Dan Fabian, Bill Ingebrigsten and Jeff Smith.
Silica sand mining has become a booming business in southeastern Minnesota, and as a result it’s also become a burgeoning issue at the Legislature.
Politics in Minnesota and Capitol Report are proud to announce the winners of our Leaders in Public Policy awards for 2012.
Republicans in the state Legislature are advancing a new set of initiatives to overhaul environmental regulation. The measures come after they reached accord last year with Gov. Mark Dayton on a sweeping bill that streamlined the environmental permitting process.
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- LGBTQ+ group sues over Iowa book, discussion bans
- Justices uphold business tax bill
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law