On March 12, 2018, the Minnesota Court of Appeals reversed denial of a request to modify spousal maintenance.
On Feb. 5, 2018, the Minnesota Court of Appeals issued a lengthy, yet unpublished, opinion concerning an obligor’s responsibility to maintain life insurance as security for child support payments — and the consequence to his heirs if he or she fails to do so.
The Minnesota Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision in Thompson v. Schrimsher
Aside from number crunching, some interesting issues have cropped up outside of Minnesota.
With no new reported decisions to chew on, the Browns summarized a few unpublished court of appeals opinions involving reversals.
OFP: No custody findings necessary
Two published reversals stand out.
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Joint-employer rule set to roil workplace — once again
- 8th Circuit rules private plaintiffs can’t sue under Voting Rights Act
- Commentary: Right-to-repair fight centers on data transmitted by newer cars
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer