State House candidate Tom Heyd doesn't relish the idea of extending the state sales tax to clothing. And from what he's heard door-knocking in the conservative District 16B, voters aren't excited about it either.
Magazine says more state legislatures could fall to Republicans than previously estimated. Minnesota House and Senate are likely to remain Democratic.
In its rundown of 2010 state legislative races, the national magazine Governing predicts the DFL is poised to retain control of both houses of the Minnesota Legislature. But the state-by-state analysis leaves open the possibility for the GOP to return to power, particularly in the House.
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- LGBTQ+ group sues over Iowa book, discussion bans
- Justices uphold business tax bill
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law