The Senate Health and Human Services Committee voted 7-3, across party lines, to move the languishing proposal forward. It has so far passed one committee in the House. Sen. Scott Dibble, the measure's chief Senate sponsor, called the proposal a "responsible bill."
The Select Committee on Disparities and Opportunities will be co-chaired by Sen. Jeff Hayden, DFL-Minneapolis, and Bobby Joe Champion, DFL-Minneapolis.
Dayton's signature would set the state on a path to have one of the highest minimum wages in the country.
1) A key Senate committee moved forward on Friday with a proposal that would allow patients with certain illnesses to use medical marijuana, according to the Star Tribune. The Senate Health and Human Services Committee voted 7-3, across party lines, to move the languishing proposal forward. It has so far passed one committee in the ...
The "implicit price deflator" would be capped at a 3 percent annual increase.
House negotiators rejected the Senate’s $9.50 offer last night, in part because its application would have been restricted to big businesses.
Simon's 2013 fundraising total was several times larger than both of his opposing candidates' total collections last year.
DFL Rep. Tom Anzelc, Balsam Township, said Wednesday that he plans to introduce a constitutional amendment next session that would raise the state's minimum wage from $6.15 per hour to $10 per hour by 2015 and adjust the rate in the future according to inflation. Many state employers play the federal minimum wage of $7.25.
Gov. Mark Dayton, labor activists and House members made an appearance at the Minnesota State Fair on Tuesday to renew a push to raise the state's minimum wage from $6.25 per hour to $9.50 by 2015.
Whether the 2013 legislative session in Minnesota was a successful one depends on which Democrat you ask. While many long-sought DFL priorities were achieved at the end of the five-month session, including gay marriage and increased spending on education, a handful of high-priority issues were ultimately shelved in 2013 in the hustle and bustle of crafting a $38 billion budget.
Democrats who control the Legislature saved some politicking and deal-making on Capitol restoration bonding and taxes for the final hours of the regular 2013 Legislative session
Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk, who earlier this week said a proposal to increase the state’s minimum wage was likely dead, now says there’s a “very good chance” something could get done on the issue yet this year.
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Court upholds sex-with-minor report submitted by man’s therapist
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Justices remand Duluth dispute
- Legal education for incarcerated students expands