Seeking the endorsement are former Rep. Jim Abeler, Andy Aplikowski, Brad Sunderland and Don Huizenga.
Republican Sen. Branden Petersen announced last month he would step down this fall.
Body cams will top the marquee next session among issues having both data privacy and public safety implications.
Five candidates are bidding for the Senate District 35 seat that will be left vacant by the sudden resignation of Sen. Branden Petersen, R-Andover.
Minority Leader Hann sees a path to swinging the Senate back to GOP control.
Republican delegates in Minnesota’s right-leaning Senate District 35 gather Saturday to endorse a candidate in the race to replace Sen. Branden Petersen. Petersen first announced he wouldn’t run for re-election in 2016, then moved his departure up, leaving the Legislature Oct. 31. Seeking the endorsement are former Rep. Jim Abeler, Andy Aplikowski, Brad Sunderland and ...
Jim Abeler has decided he might miss legislative service more than he’d thought.
Petersen leaves the Senate after one term to focus on his family and career.
The legal challenges and allegations in the race between Rep. Phyllis Kahn and her primary challenger, Mohamud Noor, have reached new heights in the feverish race for Minneapolis' House District 60B.
There were some particularly barbed exchanges in the Senate, which passed the bill in a vote of 46 to 16.
The measure, which was the product of extensive negotiations and concessions aimed at allaying the shared concerns of the law enforcement lobby and Gov. Mark Dayton, is the most restrictive in the country.
Aside from their sudden velocity and a good amount of attention from leadership, advocates and the press, the two proposals shared little in common at the start of the session’s last week.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases