The Rochester City Council on Monday agreed to make a $10.5 million expansion of the city’s airport its top bonding priority.
Roughly $2 billion worth of school bond referendums will go before Minnesota voters in November.
The Rochester City Council on Monday agreed to make a $10.5 million expansion of the city’s airport its top bonding priority. The Rochester International Airport needs nearly $4.99 million from the state to replace its customs facility to comply with U.S. Department of Homeland Security standards. Without the changes, the airport would lose its international ...
Bonding proposals range from outdoor recreation to disaster preparation.
A belated capital investment package will direct $370 million to various projects throughout Minnesota, but lots of projects were left off the final bill.
The general obligation bonding bill will advance $373.4 million in funding for projects ranging from flood relief and pipelines to highways and higher education.
The city and an economic development agency linked to the Destination Medical Center are close to finalizing a formal application process designed to provide prospective projects a clear path.
House and Senate bonding bills that stopped short of the governor’s desk included at least a dozen amendments designed to make clarifications or correct errors in previous-year bonding bills.
An ambitious legislative agenda unravels as time runs out on the session.
A last-minute push failed to get the $107 million bonding bill through both houses of the Legislature.
Gov. Mark Dayton renews his pitches for education, transportation, and bonding in his fifth State of the State address.
The governor said the timing is right for another borrowing bill, given the state’s surplus and low interest rates, although he conceded that he faced an uphill battle over bonding with Republican leadership in the House of Representatives.
- Mexican food trademark fight grinds on in federal court
- Target faces ‘non-drowsy’ meds suit
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases