Our review of issues in state and national news, with a rotating cast of political people in the know.
Giving an independent commission the ability to set pay could raise salaries
Fresh perspectives on recent news events from Jeff Kolb, Amy Koch, Ann Lenczewski and Peggy Flanagan.
Fresh perspectives on recent news events from Nekima Levy-Pounds, Greg Davids, Ryan Winkler and Amy Koch.
A fresh perspective on recent news events from Ryan Winkler, Amy Koch, Javier Morillo and Greg Davids.
Insights on recent news events from Ryan Winkler, Pat Garofalo, Don Ness and Amy Koch.
A fresh perspective on recent news events from Nekima Levy-Pounds, John Kreisel, Rep. Greg Davids and Amy Koch
Though legislators have already passed $443 million in tax cuts, they're still wrangling over the differences between two bills that would provide roughly $100 million in additional tax relief. The House has passed $323 in new spending, which must be meshed with a $210 million bill from the Senate.
After enduring one of Minnesota public life’s most humiliating episodes in recent memory, former GOP Senate Majority Leader Amy Koch has turned the page.
The latest round of legal expenses cover Larkin Hoffman's work negotiating a settlement with Brodkorb which included $30,000 of severance pay.
Aside from the severance package, the committee will still need to convene at a later date to sign off on final defense payments.
Leaders of the Minnesota Senate announced Thursday a settlement in the lawsuit brought by former staffer Michael Brodkorb. The Senate will pay Brodkorb $30,000, and all claims against the Senate are to be dismissed.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts