Lee Byberg will get a second chance at knocking off 11-term DFL incumbent Rep. Collin Peterson in the 7th Congressional District. Byberg defeated state Sen. Gretchen Hoffman on the first ballot to secure the GOP endorsement at Saturday's convention in Alexandria.
Between 1995 and 2010, congressional challenger Allen Quist received $577,725 in federal farm subsidies, according to a report in the Rochester Post-Bulletin. Quist is seeking the GOP nomination to take on U.S. Rep. Tim Walz in the 1st Congressional District.
Mike Parry will officially kick off his campaign to knock off U.S. Rep. Tim Walz on Thursday. The two-term state senator has nine events scheduled over two days across the First Congressional District.
U.S. Navy veteran and marketing executive Brian Barnes is seeking the DFL nomination to take on two-term GOP incumbent Erik Paulsen in the Third Congressional District. Barnes officially announced his candidacy at a Capitol press conference on Monday.
State Sen. Mike Parry has entered the race to challenge U.S. Rep. Tim Walz in Minnesota's 1st Congressional District. Walz is three term incumbent who represents a district that Republicans are targeting.
Over the years, DFL campaigns for high-profile offices have had a tendency to blow past party endorsing conventions and end in contested primaries.
Former state legislator Becky Lourey is backing DFL challenger Rick Nolan in the Eighth Congressional District. Lourey spent six years in the House, followed by a decade in the Senate. She ran for governor in 2006, but lost to former Attorney General Mike Hatch in the DFL primary.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts