Minnesota House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher was named Wednesday as one of three finalists for the head of the nationally recognized Minneapolis Parks Board.
The Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board issued public subsidy payments this week to candidates running for state office, dishing out nearly $4 million to 365 candidates, including nearly $1 million to the governor’s race.
Republican Tom Emmer released his first television campaign ad for governor over the weekend, using his children as the mouthpiece for his message on creating jobs and reforming state government.
Deputy Communications Director Bill Walsh has left Tom Emmer’s gubernatorial campaign and returned to his role as communications director for the Minnesota Department of Education.
While Dan “Doc” Severson was on the primary ballot last week for the Minnesota secretary of state race, it will not make it on the ticket in November.
After a long night and a close primary battle for the DFL gubernatorial nomination, DFL-endorsed candidate Margaret Anderson Kelliher conceded the election to former U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton in a news release.
Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie is expecting low voter turnout in the primary election, despite a "hot" three-way DFL race for governor.
Sen. Satveer Chaudhary faces possibly his toughest race since he was first elected to the state House in 1996. Chaudhary has won general elections in the liberal district by comfortable margins, and hasn't faced a primary challenge since 2002, but this year he doesn't have the DFL-endorsement behind him and faces a former state representative in the primary.
[anderson-kelliher] With less than 24 hours to go before the competitive DFL gubernatorial primary, the party's endorsed candidate Margaret Anderson Kelliher rallied several hundred campaign staffers and supporters at a local union in Minneapolis before departing on a massive two hour lit drop across the area.
More people voted absentee for the primary this year than have in two decades, despite switching the date from mid September to Aug. 10.
Not everyone sticks to the three-party system in Minnesota. A slew of candidates will sail through the gubernatorial primary election on Tuesday as part of unofficial party tickets that generally go unchallenged.
Matt Entenza, a DFLer running for Minnesota governor, released a new television advertisement that goes after DFL-endorsed candidate Margaret Anderson Kelliher with just a few days to go before the primary election.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases