U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., is in line for some free publicity as one of four freshman senators featured in a new book by journalist Terence Samuel, "The Upper House."
Former U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton holds a 10-point lead over House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher in the DFL gubernatorial contest, according to a new poll conducted by Minnnesota Public Radio and the Humphrey Institute. Dayton outpolled Kelliher by a 38-28 percent margin, with fellow Democrat Matt Entenza garnering support from just six percent of respondents.
DFL-endorsed gubernatorial candidate Margaret Anderson Kelliher's communications director is leaving the campaign to go back to her old job.
Two people have assumed new roles in the gubernatorial campaign of Republican state Rep. Tom Emmer.
Minnesota's Republican candidate for governor, state Rep. Tom Emmer, missed a vote this afternoon on one of Gov. Tim Pawlenty's signature pieces of legislation, a bill that would encourage participation in ignition interlock programs for Minnesotans convicted of driving while intoxicated.
United Steelworkers, which represents 21,000 active and retired members in Minnesota, announced today that it is endorsing former U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton for governor.
Jacob Littler, who managed Rep. Tom Rukavina's unsuccessful bid for the DFL gubernatorial endorsement, on Monday started a new job as 8th Congressional District field director for Mark Dayton's gubernatorial campaign, according to a campaign spokesman.
Tom Horner won the Independence Party's endorsement for governor in convincing fashion on Saturday. An August primary challenge is expected.
Two former GOP representatives who took political knocks from their party after they voted with DFLers in 2008 to override GOP Gov. Tim Pawlenty's veto of a transportation bill are finding a more hospitable crowd at today's Independence Party Convention.
The statewide teachers union Education Minnesota today backed House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher's bid for governor. Kelliher, who received the DFL endorsement, will face Mark Dayton and Matt Entenza in an August DFL primary.
The Republican endorsed candidate for Minnesota governor Tom Emmer edged out his DFL and Independence Party rivals in a new KSTP/SurveyUSA poll.
Minnesota Republican Party Chair Tony Sutton this afternoon blamed House Speaker (and DFL gubernatorial candidate) Margaret Anderson Kelliher and her party for the potentially disastrous consequences of today's state Supreme Court ruling that Gov. Tim Pawlenty overstepped his unallotment authority last year.
- Mexican food trademark fight grinds on in federal court
- Target faces ‘non-drowsy’ meds suit
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases