Tom Emmer's legal team has reached a tentative agreement with St. Louis and Pine counties on a plan to promptly fulfill its data requests. Last week Republicans filed lawsuits against the two counties alleging that local officials were not responding quickly enough to information requests.
The recount team for former Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton expressed confidence at a news conference Friday that the DFL gubernatorial candidate would hold a substantial lead over GOP nominee Tom Emmer after the canvasing process and a hand recount.
Tom Emmer's gubernatorial campaign and the Minnesota Republican Party announced lawsuits in two rural Minnesota counties they accused of failing to comply with data practice requests.
As both parties brace for a recount in the governor's race, Republican Tom Emmer has named Twin Cities businessman Mike Vekich as his choice to lead his transition team.
Former Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Dayton, who is facing a likely recount in the Minnesota governor's race against GOP nominee Tom Emmer, aligned finance officials of the last four governors on Wednesday to talk about the $6 billion budget deficit and long term fiscal problems in the state.
Emmer said Tuesday he hopes for a "fair, open and honest process." He added: "You gotta let the process play itself out."
Former Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Eric Magnuson has been plucked to help lead recount litigation efforts for GOP gubernatorial nominee Tom Emmer and the Republican Party of Minnesota.
In an appearance on MPR’s Midday program on Monday, Zellers said his caucus would not rush legislation through in the event that the gubernatorial recount drags past session start and Republican Gov. Tim Pawlenty is the holdover chief executive. He later released a clarification statement saying they would work with whoever is governor to pass a budget by the time the Legislature is required to [...]
Ben Golnik, who oversaw the GOP's successful campaign to win control of the state Senate, will manage recount operations for Tom Emmer's gubernatorial campaign. Golnik also previously served as executive director of the state Republican party.
One theory as to why Emmer failed to catch a GOP wave that swept the nation is that he never recovered from a bruising month of July.
The Minnesota Secretary of State's office hopes to finish a potential recount in the governor's race by mid December. The office released a proposed time line Friday for the recount.
Pawlenty said he wouldn't discourage the new Republican Legislature from passing controversial legislation until any recount or court challenge is resolved.
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Joint-employer rule set to roil workplace — once again
- 8th Circuit rules private plaintiffs can’t sue under Voting Rights Act
- Commentary: Right-to-repair fight centers on data transmitted by newer cars
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer