Law Office of Kenneth R. White
Address: 212 Madison Avenue, Suite 200
Category: Appeals Appellate Appellate Family Law Criminal Appeals Research and Writing
The Law Office of Kenneth R. White focuses on appeals, both civil and criminal, and providing research and writing services to other attorneys. The goal is cost effective assistance to clients and other attorneys. In addition, Mr. White handles civil litigation.
From April 1, 2005 through December 31, 2010, Mr. White served as an Assistant Nicollet County Attorney with an emphasis on felony drug prosecution, including sitting on the Nicollet County Drug Court Team.
- Appellate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. – 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota
- B.A. – 1979
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Minnesota, 1982
- Minnesota Supreme Court, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1990
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1995
- Co-Editor, Minnesota State District Court Civil Deskbook, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, First Edition, 2009; Second Edition, 2011; Third Edition, 2014.
- ABA Tort and Insurance Practice Section: Kenneth R. White, Recent Developments in Federal Appellate Advocacy, 33 Tort & Insurance Law Journal 429 (1998).
- In re Ince, 847 N.W.2d 13 (Minn. 2014).
- Babinski v. American Family Ins. Group, 569 F.3d 349 (8th Cir. 2009).
- Millenkamp v. Davisco Foods Intern., Inc., 562 F.3d 971 (9th Cir. 2009).
- Osborne v. Twin Town Bowl, 749 N.W.2d 367 (Minn. 2008).
- State v. Joshua Johnson, 744 N.W.2d 376 (Minn. 2008).
- Stringer v. Minnesota Vikings Football Club, LLC, 705 N.W.2d 706 (Minn. 2005).
- Robert W. Carlstrom Co. v. German Evangelical Lutheran, 662 N.W.2d 163 (Minn. App. 2003).
- Lickteig v. Alderson, Ondov, Leonard & Sween, P.A., 556 N.W.2d 557 (Minn. 1996).
- O’Malley v. Ulland Bros., 549 N.W.2d 889 (Minn. 1996).
- West Bend Mut. Ins. Co. v. Milwaukee Mut. Ins. Co., 384 N.W.2d 877 (Minn. 1986).
- American Bar Association, 1982 to 2004
- Program Committee Chair: Year 2000 Annual Meeting, 1982 to Present
- Sixth District Bar Association, 1983 to Present
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, 1985 to 2012
Current Employment Position
- “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, Inc, 1987-present
- “SuperLawyer” designation from Minnesota Law & Politics: August 2001; August 2002; August 2003; August 2004; August 2005; August 2006; August 2011; August 2012; August 2013; August 2014; August 2015; August 2016; August 2017; August 2018; August 2019;
- One of the Top Appellate Lawyers in Minnesota: October 2002; October 2003; October 2004; October 2005; October 2006; August 2011; August 2012; August 2013; August 2014
- “Top Attorneys in Minnesota” from Twin Cities Business/Mpls St.Paul Magazine: August 2011; August 2012; August 2013; August 2014
- “The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers”: 2013
- Global Who’s Who “Top Lawyers”: 2014
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Professor of Legal Writing; August 2004 to May 2008 and January 2012-Present, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Instructor Maynard Pirsig Moot Court: August 1998-May 1999, University of Minnesota Law School