The settlement, consisting of $5 billion in cash and $1 billion in 3M stock, will be made in payments that will run through 2029.
What constitutes a waiver of counsel — and what does not — was addressed by the Court of Appeals in the release of State v. Gant.
A contract attorney of Asian descent sued her former employer and co-workers for allegedly targeting her with slurs and other tortious conduct.
The U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota has dismissed a lawsuit brought by four plaintiffs who were sexually abused by Roman Catholic priests when they were children.
The Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility has withdrawn its petition to disbar Warren attorney Anders Odegaard, who is charged with killing his former wife.
The claim of a former inmate who was sexually assaulted by a correctional officer has survived a motion for summary judgment.
Gov. Tim Walz on Wednesday promoted Natalie Hudson to be chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, making her the first Black person to lead it.
The Minnesota Court of Appeals reversed the conviction of an individual who committed a criminal offense before turning 14 years old.
Marvin Fabyanske, a prominent Minnesota attorney in construction law, died Aug. 15. He was 78 years old.
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a class suit can proceed against a Kansas City health provider on claims that it underpaid employees by rounding off the amount of time they worked.
A legal reporting service has filed a lawsuit against administrators in the Minnesota state court system, citing delays in the release of civil case filings.
The 8th Circuit affirmed a lower court's ruling in an excessive-use-of-force claim that Minnesota officers didn't commit a constitutional violation.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases