Recent Articles from The Associated Press
New filings in Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, West Virginia and Wisconsin
Lame-duck session led to multiple legal challenges.
Pence argued that nationwide injunctions issued by federal judges.
Most Americans live in states where marijuana is legally available in some form.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker wants to eliminate the 64-year-old Judicial Council, according to budget documents released Tuesday. The state Legislature created the Wisconsin Judicial Council in 1951 as an independent judicial branch agency. The 21-member body is responsible for studying and making recommendations relating to court practices, procedures and administration of state courts. April Sout[...]
The legislation is the latest foray into criminal justice reform for Harris.
The case must still be considered on its merits and could end up at the Supreme Court.
Thomas is now the longest-serving member of a court.
ACLU and other groups are again going to court to challenge the Trump administration.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts