Recent Articles from Patrick Thornton
The Minnesota Supreme Court overturned a mandatory life sentence in a high profile murder case.
Deadline to apply Nov. 1
Proposals due Oct. 28th
Outstate cities cry foul over new water rules and brand new lawyer can continue to represent defendant charged with murder and more in today's sidebar
The Minnesota Court of Appeals awarded an attorney about $350,000 in unpaid fees even after his client died and the lawsuit settled.
Probation, restitution ordered for Barry Vauhgh Voss
Julie LaFleur filed to challenge Judge Susan Miles in June and took over a divorce case before Miles in August.
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- 2023 Unsung Legal Heroes
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Supercharge your unfrazzled lawyer efforts