Recent Articles from Gene Policinski
What part of patriotism makes it OK to trash one of our nation’s most-treasured rights, free speech?
Thanks to the First Amendment, I'm free to write these words - and you're free to read them.
By now there likely are few Americans who don't recognize the names of a tiny Topeka, Kan., church and of the family that makes up most of its members - Westboro Baptist Church and the Phelps family.
After the U.S. Supreme Court's Westboro Baptist Church free speech decision, many online comments critical of the 8-1 ruling did so in speech that also relied on First Amendment protection.
A small group, using the latest technology, excites fellow citizens with the concepts and possibilities of freedom after years of battling a repressive regime.
After 40 years on the job, the Minnesota News Council is closing down.
Let's begin 2011 on a hopeful note: Texas A&M University officials say they will revisit a recent decision that would have banned journalism instructors from directing students in filing open-records requests about-of all things-Texas A&M policies and practices.
- Appeals court takes up transgender health coverage case
- Court upholds sex-with-minor report submitted by man’s therapist
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Justices remand Duluth dispute
- Legal education for incarcerated students expands
- Hamline prof dismissed over Muhammad image can proceed with lawsuit
- Supreme Court backs woman’s false-reporting conviction
- Pot smell not enough for search