Recent Articles from Dan Heilman
Brent Wartner, first assistant county attorney, said, “The people who live and work in Washington County lost more than a county attorney. They lost a champion of public safety, a guardian, a fierce advocate for justice–and a dedicated public servant.”
One local developer is fighting an emergency government order but has hit some roadblocks via the courts.
The reporters aren't happy with the decision to experiment with electronic recording and outsourcing some transcription assignments.
A three-judge panel has found that the city overstepped its bounds in imposing park-dedication fees, commercial development fees intended to support the creation and enhancement of parks.
These two lawsuits, a collaboration between Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid and the U.S. Department of Justice, per-manently removed a dangerous landlord from property management.
In the summer of 2018, a group of boys ran away from The Hills Youth and Family Services, a juvenile detention and treatment center in Duluth.
The case of convicted former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor ended up turning on a key factor: What constitutes a depraved mind?
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- Court dismisses bias, retaliation lawsuit
- Joint-employer rule set to roil workplace — once again
- 8th Circuit rules private plaintiffs can’t sue under Voting Rights Act
- Commentary: Right-to-repair fight centers on data transmitted by newer cars
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Risky business and tips for managing the risk
- Perspectives: JFK assassination: 60 years of litigation here
- Perspectives: Lincoln’s memorable address recalls impact here
- The Unfrazzled Lawyer: Five benefits of becoming an unfrazzled lawyer