Recent Articles from Betsy Sundquist
The Minnesota Nurses Association, which had a strike scheduled to begin July 6, has reached an agreement with 14 Twin Cities hospitals on new collective bargaining agreements, according to a joint statement this afternoon from both groups.
The Voices of Conservative Women political action committee (VOICESPAC), based in Maple Grove, has endorsed eight candidates for the Minnesota state Legislature, three in the Senate and five in the House.
Three chief county prosecutors in the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area, with a combined 55 years of experience, are leaving their jobs at the end of the year and triggering something of a shakeup among metro county attorneys.
It’s a deceptively simple question: Who donates more to political candidates and causes, business or labor? In the wake of recent changes to Minnesota campaign law stemming from last year’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the Citizens United case, advocates from both sides are giving radically discrepant answers to that question.
Minnesota state Rep. Tom Anzelc, DFL-Balsam, has been served with a restraining order by an ex-girlfriend, who accuses the two-term lawmaker of stalking and harassing her after their relationship ended.
Jess McIntosh, who spent three years as a spokeswoman for U.S. Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., has taken a position as deputy communications director with EMILY'S List, a Washington-based group that works to elect pro-choice Democratic women to office.
- Melodie Rose named president at Fredrikson
- Supreme Court lawyers have rituals of their own
- Minnesota artists consider what’s next in AI copyrights
- Defining ‘and’ in sentencing statute falls to Supreme Court
- Hashtag rates higher libel protection
- Court: Performance issues, not bias, prompted union to fire organizer
- Robot milker case yields $122M
- 2023 Up & Coming Attorneys
- Briefly: A chat with Supreme Court Commissioner Tim Droske
- Perspectives: Oral arguments at high court stir lively debates
- Quandaries & Quagmires: Advance waivers: Lessons from Paul Hastings vs. Coca Cola
- Perspectives: Recent cellphone ruling recalls high court cases