NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Meet the freshmen: House DFL (part 1) 11/20/12 5:17 p.m.
- Meet the freshmen: Senate DFL (part 2) 11/20/12 5:09 p.m.
- Judge rules there was ‘obvious’ balloting error in Franson-Cunniff race 11/20/12 5:29 p.m.
- Stephen B. Young: Second thoughts 11/20/12 5:05 p.m.
- Capitol 10: November surprises 11/20/12 4:55 p.m.
- Ex-railroad man Riehle digs deep to preserve Minnesota’s labor history 11/20/12 4:53 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- For all the sad words of tongue or pen, Left MN
- The fraud that failed: Dan McGrath blames Minnesotans for hating on voter restriction, Bluestem Prairie
- Know when to hold ‘em, Shot in the Dark
- It’s the lying, stupid, Let Freedom Ring
- Gov. Dayton pardons turkey, but bird ain’t got what it takes to make it on the outside, Minnesota Brown
- Republicans like judge’s decision in close legislative race, Capitol Chatter
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Rothman shuffles Commerce leadership, Finance and Commerce 11/20/12 8:32 p.m.
- New DEED chief restructures the agency to add a second deputy, MinnPost 11/25/12 12:14 p.m.
- Minn. banks’ bad loans on decline, MPR
- Fed on Minnesota banks: some improvements, Star Tribune 11/20/12 7:45 p.m.
- Minnesota home sales up 8 percent during October, Star Tribune 11/20/12 5:43 p.m.
- Best Buy stock down 13% after bad report, MPR
- Litigation takes a bite out of profit at Medtronic, Star Tribune 11/20/12 9:38 p.m.
- Graves: ‘I’ll always keep an open mind’ on 2014 run, St. Cloud Times
- Dayton on fence about child care unionization, AP
- Turkey makes appearance at Capitol, no presidential pardon expected, Pioneer Press 11/20/12 7:41 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Rare coin toss settles race for Albertville City Council, Star Tribune 11/20/12 9:28 p.m.
- Norton leads effort to make it harder to put amendments on the ballot, Rochester Post-Bulletin 11/21/12 8:16 a.m.
- House Speaker-designate Paul Thissen: ‘First job is fixing the budget long term’, MinnPost 11/20/12 9:25 a.m.
- How the DFL and its allies engineered a takeover of the Legislature, MPR
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Our View: Legislators don’t have time to waste on consistutional amendments, Rochester Post-Bulletin 11/21/12 6:00 a.m.
- Editorial: In early legislative discussion, notes of encouragement, Pioneer Press 11/20/12 3:33 p.m.
- Short leaves Dorsey for top legal post at UnitedHealth, Star Tribune 11/20/12 11:44 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- ‘Endangered’ tax credits a key part of financing affordable housing projects, MinnPost 11/21/12 8:06 a.m.
- DWI patrols focus their aim on 13 Minnesota counties, Star Tribune 11/20/12 7:44 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Downtown Minneapolis landmark City Center is sold, Star Tribune 11/20/12 10:49 p.m.