NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Franson-Cunniff recount complicated by Douglas Co. balloting error11/19/12 12:30 p.m.
- GOP minorities add to their leadership teams 11/19/12 12:51 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Kulturkampf? Rush Limbaugh Channels Breitbart, Minnesota Conservatives
- Why voter ID failed, True North
- Voter restriction head: Voter fraud was partly responsible for amendment’s defeat, MN Progressive Project
- Katherine Kersten: Wrong again, mpnACT!
- Nolan: Alida’s DC ally, Let Freedom Ring
- Farm bill could help federal officials avoid fiscal cliff, Capitol Chatter
- Some fear Range mining slump in near term, Minnesota Brown
- Judge steps aside in Franson-Cunniff election hearing, Capitol Chatter
- Thou shalt be disenfranchised – MN election scam exposed, Residual Forces
- Case 21-CV-12-1973: Franson’s Douglas Co petition in 8B Obvious Error case, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Target employees petition working on Thanksgiving Day, KSTP 11/20/12 7:56 a.m.
- Analysts say taconite layoffs not the start of a trend, MPR
- As society sheds paper, an industry shrinks, Star Tribune 11/19/12 10:32 a.m.
- Shakopee Mdewakanton extend $48M loan to Lower Sioux, West Central Tribune 11/20/12 12:00 a.m.
- Gov. Dayton to attend roast for retiring state Rep. Tom Rukavina, MinnPost 11/19/12 10:34 a.m.
- Ballot error muddies District 8B legislative race, won by one vote, Star Tribune 11/19/12 8:45 p.m.
- Ritchie schools local leaders on Constitution, Alexandria Echo Press 11/20/12 12:00 a.m.
- Recycling’s next frontier: Food composting makes groceries out of garbage, Pioneer Press 11/20/12 7:47 a.m.
- State Rep. Jenifer Loon to be GOP’s House deputy minority leader, MinnPost 11/19/12 12:21 p.m.
- Two GOP state senators named additional assistant minority leaders, MinnPost 11/19/12 12:31 p.m.
- Area lawmakers score key committee jobs, Rochester Post-Bulletin 11/19/12 8:17 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Liebling is right choice to lead health policy committee, Rochester Post-Bulletin 11/20/12 6:05 a.m.
- Clarify costs as health exchange advances, St. Cloud Times 11/19/12 9:59 p.m.
- Rukavina’s feisty career ends on a laugh, Duluth News Tribune 11/20/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Manager in Minn.’s sex-offender treatment program censured, Star Tribune 11/19/12 8:45 p.m.
- Metropolitan Airports Commission supports compromise in flight pattern plan, MPR
- State Patrol to step up DWI enforcement, MPR
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Seniors showing interest in Central Corridor, Finance and Commerce 11/19/12 2:44 p.m.
- St. Paul Mayor Coleman urges residents to ‘buy local’, Pioneer Press 11/19/12 3:55 p.m.
- Businesses in court ask for Central Corridor impact study, MPR
- Central Corridor: Plaintiffs say study of business impact taking too long, Pioneer Press 11/19/12 11:46 p.m.
- Luxury apartments to rise 26 stories on Nicollet Mall, Star Tribune 11/19/12 8:27 p.m.
- St. Paul: Union Depot to reopen as transit hub next month, Pioneer Press 11/19/12 4:12 p.m.
- Sabo Bridge reopens after repairs, Star Tribune 11/19/12 9:02 p.m.
Z-FILE: IRRESISTIBLE STORIES BEYOND THE PURVIEW OF PIM