NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Defeat of voter ID was team effort11/14/12 5:32 p.m.
- How the lege was won 11/14/12 5:25 p.m.
- Dayton balks at Vikings’ seat license proposal 11/14/12 5:19 p.m.
- Suburbs now more vital to DFL majorities 11/14/12 5:17 p.m.
- David Schultz: After the revolution: Recommendations for the Minnesota DFL 11/14/12 5:12 p.m.
- Steven Schier: 2012 exit poll has lessons for Minnesota GOP 11/14/12 5:10 p.m.
- Dane Smith: A moderately progressive mandate for U.S. and Minnesota 11/14/12 5:09 p.m.
- State chamber, trades to lobby together for mining 11/14/12 5:07 p.m.
- Road, transit supporters hope for new revenue 11/14/12 5:05 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Close races 11/14/12 5:04 p.m.
- Senate announces committee chairs 11/14/12 9:18 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Senate DFL releases committee structure, Capitol View
- Senate committee chairs announced, Hot Dish Politics
- Another MN United interview: Gia Vitali, MN Progressive Project
- Vikings lose the high ground, Foreign and Domestic
- Hayden tapped to be Deputy Senate Majority Leader, Capitol View
- Let’s eliminate the EQB, Let Freedom Ring
- Who are these dirty hippies anyway? A look at Minnesota’s Environmental Quality Board, Bluestem Prairie
- Rick Nolan welcomed back to Congress, outlines his priorities, MN Progressive Project
- Farm bill may wait for fiscal cliff resolution, Capitol Chatter
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- St. Paul raises contract threshold to $25,000 for prevailing wage requirements, Pioneer Press 11/14/12 5:57 p.m.
- St. Paul raises taxi fares; new rate matches Minneapolis, Pioneer Press 11/14/12 6:46 p.m.
- Cargill goes to court to collect $95 million from Mexico, Star Tribune 11/14/12 8:15 p.m.
- Minnesota retailers: All they want for Christmas is tax fairness, MinnPost 11/15/12 8:06 a.m.
CRIME / POLICE
- BCA completes inquiry of police role in Woodbury shooting, Star Tribune 11/14/12 9:13 p.m.
- MnSCU offers Legislature a deal for $97M, Star Tribune 11/14/12 8:32 p.m.
- State’s trend of growing charter school enrollment reflected across country, MPR
- DFL takeover of State Capitol raises new questions about Brodkorb suit, MPR
- Local lawmakers set to adjust to minority status, New Ulm Journal
- Sen. Jeff Hayden of Minneapolis to be deputy leader of majority caucus, MinnPost
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Seat licenses should not come as a shock, Star Tribune 11/14/12 7:44 p.m.
- Editorial: Commit, recommit to jobs for veterans, Pioneer Press 11/14/12 5:35 p.m.
- County benefits are contractual matters, Duluth News Tribune 11/15/12 12:00 a.m.
- Minnesotans need to plan for their long-term care, Rochester Post-Bulletin 11/13/12 6:54 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Over objections, noise committee OKs MSP flight plan, MPR
- Report: Racial inequalities rife in Minn.’s juvenile justice system, MPR
- State accuses St. Paul company of timeshare scheme, Star Tribune 11/14/12 8:33 p.m.
- St. Paul meets Minneapolis on vehicle tracking data retention, Star Tribune 11/14/12 12:38 p.m.
- North Dakota among worst states for racist Obama tweets; Minnesota 10th, Forum Communications 11/14/12 10:05 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Star Tribune sells part of parking lot for $1.8 million, Star Tribune 11/14/12 7:51 p.m.
- Minneapolis says goodbye to its last old-style parking meter, Star Tribune 11/14/12 7:52 p.m.
- Seat license fees are prevalent in the NFL, Star Tribune 11/14/12 8:48 p.m.
- Stadium backers try to decipher Dayton’s objections to seat licenses, MPR
- AT&T dialing up Twin Cities’ cell data speed to full 4G, Star Tribune 11/14/12 9:08 p.m.
- Broadband adoption in Minnesota hits three-quarters but slows, MPR
- St. Louis Park residents protest SW light rail plans, MPR
- Don’t reroute freight trains, St. Louis Park residents plead, Star Tribune 11/14/12 10:09 p.m.