NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Dayton letter slams Wilfs for Vikings proposals 11/13/12 11:17 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Winona County & frac sand: Letting the fox guard (& build) the hen house, Bluestem Prairie
- Gov. Dayton unhappy with Vikings’ stadium plans, threatens to undo deal, Hot Dish Politics
- Vikings Stadium: Dealing with the devil, mnpACT!
- Did Mark Dayton read the Vikings stadium bill before signing it?, The Deets
- Sports blogger schools Gov. Dayton, Let Freedom Ring
- I will pick Brodkorb for $500,000, Alex, MN Progressive Project
- Nolan win restores DFL, but MN-8 will keep wild edge, Minnesota Brown
- Rudy Takala: Rep. Daudt elected MN House Minority Leader, True North
- Will Minority Leader Kurt Daudt remain as a senior political adviser at P2B Strategies?, Bluestem Prairie
- How Minnesotans defeated the anti-Marriage Amendment, MN Progressive Project
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Minnesota chamber, trades to lobby together for mining projects, Finance and Commerce 11/13/12 4:29 p.m.
- Best Buy CEO outlines turnaround plans, MPR
- Sweden’s yen for herring roe fuels Lake Superior fishery, MPR
- Photos: Herring eggs are ‘Lake Superior Gold’ for Grand Marais fishery, MPR
- Minnesota charities hope for more electronic gaming options, Star Tribune 11/13/12 9:39 p.m.
- Minnesota refinery owner Northern Tier Energy reports strong profits, Star Tribune 11/13/12 10:04 a.m.
- Sviggum, Penny offer their take on what went wrong for GOP, Rochester Post-Bulletin 11/13/12 9:21 a.m.
- Dayton to Vikings: ‘Not a ‘Rich People’s Stadium’, Star Tribune 11/13/12 12:55 p.m.
- Dayton blasts Vikings over stadium fee talk, MPR
- Kindergarten classrooms bursting at the seams, MPR
- Student debt at Minnesota State University among the highest in the nation, Mankato Free Press
- St. Paul’s Riverview Elementary to move into renovated Roosevelt, Pioneer Press 11/14/12 7:57 a.m.
- MnSCU ordered to turn over syllabi of education professors, MPR
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- County errs in review of frac sand mines, Winona Daily News
- Minnesota city leaders make case for state aid, Mankato Free Press
- Mankato approves new planning agency, Mankato Free Press
- Two top Teamsters officials in Minnesota removed amid investigation of financial irregularities, Star Tribune 11/13/12 4:37 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: St. Paul schools won the vote. Now, for results., Pioneer Press 11/13/12 4:47 p.m.
- Position health care so it’s D.C.-proof, Duluth News Tribune 11/14/12 12:00 a.m.
- Rukavina Roast set for Monday, Duluth News Tribune 11/14/12 12:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- MN settles last 35W bridge case, AP
- Teen prostitution bust in S. Mpls. home nets ringleader, suburban johns, Star Tribune 11/13/12 2:12 p.m.
- Minnesota has 12th case linked to tainted steroids from Mass. pharmacy, Star Tribune 11/13/12 11:41 a.m.
- Pawlenty’s slight of music library still rankles, but Chatfield band plays on, MinnPost 11/13/12 8:08 a.m.
- Minnesota Capitol security panel nears report release, AP
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Another rural broadband effort emerges, MPR
- Iron Range high school grad makes case for rural broadband, Duluth News Tribune 11/13/12 8:51 p.m.
- Metro Transit offering free Northstar rides, Finance and Commerce 11/14/12 8:15 a.m.